After a short drive from Port Douglas to Cooya Beach, embark on a 2 hour coast and cultural walk with a Kubirri Warra clan member. Cooya (Kuyu Kuyu) Beach is the traditional fishing grounds of the Kuku Yalanji people; learn traditional fishing and gathering techniques like catching crab as your guide takes you through the three diverse eco-systems here: beach, mangrove and coastal reef. Your Kubirri Warra guide will share their extensive knowledge of this special area and how they care for their country.
Mossman Gorge Centre
Enjoy a delicious lunch at the Mayi Cafe in Mossman Gorge Centre. There are two tour options to choose from (select from the booking panel on the right):
- Ngadiku Walk: Journey into Mossman Gorge and discover the ancient culture of the Kuku Yalanji people with an experienced Indigenous guide. You are welcomed with a traditional smoking ceremony before embarking on a guided walk along private, gentle track whilst your experienced Indigenous guide demonstrates traditional plant use, identify bush food sources, and more. Your guide will provide an enchanting narrative; sharing Dreamtime stories and sharing their special relationship with this unique tropical environment.
- Rainforest Walk: Your driver-guide will accompany you into Mossman Gorge itself for an interpretive walk through the ancient rainforest, providing an interesting commentary of this unique and ancient environment. Wander through the lush rainforest and experience the pristine waters of Mossman Gorge and this World Heritage listed area.
After exploring Mossman Gorge, be transferred back to your Port Douglas accommodation after a wonderful day of cultural discovery.
This tour is operated by Adventure North Australia.
Ngadiku Walk OR Rainforest Walk
- Hotel Pick-up
- Professional & experienced driver/guide
- Small group tour: maximum 16 people
- Mossman Gorge: choose to book either
- Ngadiku Walk, or
- Rainforest Walk
- Lunch at Mayi Cafe, Mossman Gorge Centre
- Coast & Cultural Walk at Cooya Beach with Kubirri Warra clan member
- Homemade Damper
- Return Transfer
Note: tour may operate in reverse due to tides at Cooya Beach.
Days of Departure: Daily
Reef and Rainforest Connections Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
What to bring:
- Shorts, t-shirt & hat
- Insect repellent
- Bottled Water
- Umbrella/raincoat (if wet weather)
- Departs Daily
- Child rate 4-14 years inclusive
- Not suitable for children under 4 years
- Family = 2A + 2C
- Minimum numbers of 2 people apply
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australian Dollars