Poseidon: Outer Reef Cruise
Poseidon Outer Reef Cruises offers a five star cruise to Australia’s Great Barrier Reef.
Poseidon departs daily from Port Douglas, visiting three spectacular sites on the outer edge of the Agincourt Ribbon Reefs. The Agincourt Reefs are renowned as being the best reefs accessible in a day trip. The crystal-clear waters, beautiful corals and incredible fish life found at the Agincourts, 70kl North East of Port Douglas, enables Poseidon to offer the best possible day boat diving and snorkeling.
Poseidon caters to snorkellers, introductory and certified divers. Divers can enjoy up to three guided dives, using large tanks and dive computers for extended bottom time. The dives include drift dives, wall dives, and isolated pinnacles surrounded by pelagic fish and coral gardens.
Snorkellers can enjoy unrestricted exploration of shallow lagoons and spectacular drop-offs, with an unbelievable variety of fragile corals and colourful fish life. We offer a Reef Interpretation Talk giving information on the history and ecology of the reef system, followed by a Guided Snorkel Tour where marine life is explained and identified.
Poseidon has limited passenger numbers which offers personal service and individual attention. Our guests are looked after by highly qualified crew members to ensure there is plenty of help on hand to assist both experienced and beginner divers and snorkellers.
Poseidon has a special permit to swim with Dwarf Minke Whales which visit the northern waters from May to September.
- Return coach transfers from accommodation
- Return Poseidon cruise from Port Douglas
- Morning tea, coffee with fresh muffins and focaccia on boarding; afternoon tea with cake and tropical fruit platter
- Tropical buffet lunch with prawns
- Reef interpretation talk
- Guided snorkel tour with marine biologist
- Snorkelling equipment (mask, snorkel & fins) and instruction provided
- Lycra suits and flotation devices
- Prescription masks available at no extra cost
- Freshwater showers
Tour Starts: 8:15am Boarding – Port Douglas Meridien Marina
Tour Finishes: 4:15pm Return – Port Douglas Meridien Marina
Reef and Rainforest Connections Terms and Conditions – Terms & Conditions
- Rates are GST inclusive and in Australia Dollars (AUD)
- Family = 2AD + 2CH
- Child Rate 4-14yrs inc.